Contact Center working hours:
Mon. - Thur.: 9 a.m to 6 p.m.
Fri.: 9 a.m to 4:45 p.m.
Sat. - Sun.: days off
BUCE Mobile Application
Social Networks
Font
Size
Spacing
Color pattern

Timber exports via BUCE grew by 3% in H1

In H1 2020, exports of sawn timber via the Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange (BUCE) increased by 3% and reached 316 mln BYN. EU companies are the main buyers of Belarusian timber products accounting for over 80% of total export sales. The remaining 20% are distributed among residents of Azerbaijan, China, Georgia, Israel, Lebanon, Moldova, Turkey, Turkmenistan, UK and USA. Traditionally, trimmed boards made of softwood as well pallet boards are the most popular export commodities.

According to Evgeni Malyshev, BUCE head of timber trading, close cooperation with major Belarusian exporters as well as tireless efforts of non-resident exchange brokers were two main factors that have been supporting export sales since the beginning of the year.

“Export figures depend on a number of factors, both positive and negative. For example, this year the economy of EU countries that are the biggest consumers of Belarusian timber products has been literally paralyzed due to COVID-19 pandemic. This, however, did not affect our foreign sales. I fact they have even increased by a small margin. Here I must give credit to Belarusian woodworking companies that have managed to offer competitive prices and convenient logistics. Non-resident brokers have proven very useful too by finding new customers from Europe, Asia and other regions of the world. As business activity in the key markets starts to rebound, we expect that timber sales via BUCE will continue growing, hopefully at a greater pace”, Evgeni Malyshev said.